Thursday, June 16, 2016

Beyoncé Takes Home ‘Fashion Icon Of The Year’ At CFDA Awards


Beyoncé has taken home the Fashion Icon of the Year Award from the Council of Fashion Designers of America (CFDA) Awards.
Last year, the award was won by none other than Pharrell Williams, presented by Kanye West. The honor was kept as a surprise with Beyoncé winning over the crowd as always.
Her acceptance speech reminisced on the impact fashion has had on her life, as she shared her grandmother’s story of being a seamstress and passing the gift down to her mother, Tina Lawson and also her uncle, who’s had an undeniable impact on Beyoncé’s approach to style. Beyonce revealed her mother was the designer of many key outfits in her life and career and the impact that has had on her.
“My mother actually designed my wedding dress, my prom dress, my first CFDA Award dress, my first Grammy dress, and the list goes on and on. And this to me is the true power and potential of fashion.” Queen Bey says, “So to my mother, my grandmother, my uncle, thank y’all. Thank you for showing me that having presence is about far more than the clothes you wear and your physical beauty.”
Beyoncé has always made fashion statements on and off of the stage since her Destiny’s Child days to her recent visual album, Lemonade. She graced the CFDA red carpet in a Michael Jackson inspired sparkling Givenchy suit, a wide- brim hat recognized mostly from her “Formation” video and world tour, and Christian Louboutin pumps paired with a whopping nine million dollars in fine jewelry provided by Lorraine Schwartz.
 Drop your coments below about Queen Bey look

No comments: